Friday, January 23, 2009

Try try again...

Cape Cod Weather today: Warmer than it's been, but still not warm enough for me....

I received the first rejection on my middle grade fantasy yesterday... which hit me harder than I thought it would. I love this story, and really thought everyone else would love it too. Now granted, I guess the agent I sent my query to doesn't have a lot of fantasy in her roster.

And that's probably most of my problem.

I need to do a better job of investigating before I hit the send button. It doesn't matter that I've been reading this agent's blog, and love the way she writes about life and publishing. She's not that into fantasy. So I spent today - all day - doing research. There are lots and lots of agents out there. Lots.

And some of them even enjoy middle-grade fantasy books.

So I'll just have to try to hook one of them.

1 comment:

  1. P.S. the painting is one I did for my daughter few years back for her birthday. The fantasy book is about mermaids, so I thought it an appropriate illustration...she looks defiant, right? I'm trying to feel defiant in the face of rejection....

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?