Thursday, November 8, 2012

Do You NaNo?

Are you participating in NaNoWriMo this month?

Why? Why Not?

I decided Not to sign up officially, as I thought it would stress me out. Seriously. The month of November just has too many days off from school and too many events - scheduled and unscheduled - for me to participate without going a little wonky.

The year I "played along" and took the NaNo challenge seriously, I completed the first draft of my second novel. It was a good thing, and a good experience. And I needed a month off from writing afterward.


Last year, my mom was sick which was stress enough. This year has been so full of stressers already that I didn't really consider adding more just for fun.

I decided to "unofficially" NaNo. I'm not signed up. But I am working on the sequel to Son of A Mermaid, which is scheduled for a May 2013 release. And I'm 12,000+ words into it as of yesterday. *Yea!* But I'm still not signed up and don't feel that NaNo stress. Also, *Yea!*

Next year? We'll see. If our house project is complete and I have a new office space carved out, it may be the perfect way to "break it all in," so to speak. Well, that and the ginormous Halloween party I'm already planning in my head.

But that's next year. What about You and This Year's NaNo?

Why or Why Not? That is the question.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not participating this year because I'm in the middle of edits on my third book. Good luck and no pressure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the edits! Actually, that's my favorite part of the whole process ;-)

      Delete
  2. I'm like you. Unofficially participating. I need a little bump for motivation without the complete stress of it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been working for me so far - that, and the fact that my dogs haven't gotten used to the time change yet. I'm using that extra hour in the morning to write!

      Delete
  3. I didn't sign up either. There's just too many other things going on. Besides, I still need to finish my NaNo book from last year :-)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?