Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Candy!

My sisters both came early for Christmas this year. One sister is coming on the trip with us to see our parents. One sister is in the hospitality industry and has to go back to Vermont and work through the holidays.

But last night, she turned my little kitchen into a candy making factory, teaching my daughter how to make all different types of toffee to give as gifts for the holidays. They melted the butter and sugar, and stirred and stirred and stirred.



They poured the mixture out onto parchment paper and added the "extras" - the crushed peppermint, the melted drizzles of chocolate, the toasted almonds... the whole house smelled yummy! And the results (my daughter insisted that I taste each batch) were scrumptious!

After visiting the candy factory last week, I was inspired to try candy-making on my own, but it was just one of those ideas - "Oh yeah, I should do that..."

Last night, it became a tasty reality. We're all still smiling sticky smiles this morning!

1 comment:

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?