Thursday, May 19, 2011

...And More Coolness from Hidden Hollow


Hidden Hollow is located within the Heritage Museums and Gardens in Sandwich, MA. If you've got small children in tow, it's a must see area. If you don't have kids with you, pretend.

Each area within Hidden Hollow has a theme - water, sand, constructing, creating crafts, listening to stories... my 10-year-old Girl Scouts had a blast in the water area and the sand/construction area. Where they had been just acting so cool at breakfast, it was fun to see them let loose and forget to be cool middle-schoolers for a little while.

All of the paths and chairs and tables and shelves and everything are constructed from wood - mostly from the trees that they cleared from the Hollow when they started construction. (The team from Americorp Cape Cod did a great job with that big job.) My favorite pieces of furniture are these pinecone-shaped tables in the craft area and the mushroom-shaped stools in the storytelling/listening area.

The treehouse is still under construction - - but it looks SOOO COOOL - I want one! It was all roped off so we couldn't even peek, but as soon as I get the notice that it's open, we're headed back!

Okay, so Blogger isn't cooperating again and won't let me add any more photos today. Not sure what's going on but it's getting a little old at this point.

Is anyone else having issues with Blogger last week and this week? What's going on?

2 comments:

  1. I love that tree house! I want one so bad! If I only I could find a tree big enough.

    That place looks really cute. I love going to places like that.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?