Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Writing Wednesday: What's Your Favorite Christmas Novel?

Every year, fun new Christmas novels and novellas are released, some filled with the warm blush of first romance, some with mystery and wonder, and some with tales of second chances. My publisher The Wild Rose Press even has a Christmas series out this year, 12 Brides for Christmas with 12 tales of varying genres to tickle your Christmas fancy. You can check out these fun new novels HERE at the publishers website.

There are tons of fun Christmas stories, as well as heartfelt and pull-at-the-heartstrings novels. I like mine a little lighter this time of year (there's enough stress in my real life, I need a bit of an escape!)

One of my favorite Christmas romance series in recent years is by Penny Watson, with her magical series about the eccentric (and hunky) sons of Santa and Mrs. Claus. Sexy and sweet and fun to read!

The first book in the series is SWEET INSPIRATION, which I read and reviewed when it first came out and have reread each Christmas season since. The author re-released it as a self-pubbed book, as well as books 2 and 3 in the series. You can get all 3 books for Kindle for the special price of 99 cents for the month of December - thanks, Ms. Watson!


Another of my Christmas favs is 2009's Blue Christmas by Mary Kay Andrews. It's kind of a mystery, kind of a chic lit romance, and quite a lot of fun. Andrews books are set around Savannah, and have a light, breezy voice that's just plain fun to read. (Hissy Fit is still one of my fav books of all time!) She put out a new Christmas story last year which I haven't read yet - but you bet it's going on my Kindle TBR list right now! You can find all Andrew's books on Amazon too.

I would love to find some good YA Christmas reads - any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. I just read the Nutcracker by E.T.A. Hoffman and loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look for that one. Need to check out some of the new Wild Rose Press Christmas titles, too :-)

      Thanks for stopping by! Happy Holiday Season!

      Delete
  2. What a fun post, I don't have one. Though this year I've had to spend a great deal of time resting (my leg), so I've been into all kinds of cheesy Christmas movies on Netflix and Amazon prime. Both streaming from our big screen TV in the Christmas Room.

    Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?