Friday, August 31, 2018

Friday Feature: "Move In Day" = Empty Nest


My youngest is moving in to his dorm room today at college. Today. Probably as you read this. I wish him the best of luck and hope he enjoys all of the new college experiences awaiting him. I'm so, so very excited for him, and know he's going to excel at whatever he tries, because he's just that kind of kid. But after we drive home again, I guess I have to wonder what it all means for me.

Does that mean I'm technically an "empty nester"? Or does use of that particular term have to wait until he graduates from college?

I'm new to this. Obviously.

For the last 22+ years, most of my life has revolved around raising our three kids. I mean, yes, I've had jobs and written books and whatnot, but the kids have been at the center of everything - every thought, every decision, every... everything.

Now what?

There's my thought for the day, for the long holiday weekend, and quite possibly for the rest of the year.

What's next?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?