Monday, November 2, 2009

NaNoWriMo Begins!

I'm officially signed up for NaNoWriMo this year, and somehow decided not to start on November 1st. All three kids had play dates all over town and I had a Girl Scout meeting to attend. Plus the fact I had to go through the Halloween photos and create cheery little blogs about them...

Okay so I totally procrastinated for the first full day of the writing challenge.

Today I'm writing fast and furious - fueled by chocolate candy stolen from the kids' Halloween piles. I'm trying to steal equally from all three, but my daughter has the most candy, so I've dipped into her stash too much already.

Writing frenzy + Halloween Candy = Guaranteed stomach ache.

On the bright side, I whipped out almost 800 words in the last two hours, not including the emails and FaceBook breaks I took to clear my head. I'm half-way to my daily goal, as they say you absolutely need to write 1,667 words each day to make the 50,000 word goal. We'll see.

Another writer on FaceBook pointed out that November isn't the optimal month for those of us writers with school-aged children, as they have Thanksgiving break as well as all those annoying half-days of teacher-parent conferences. And Harwich decided to schedule a teacher in-service day for the day after Thanksgiving break. The last day of the month. My last chance to finish.

In fact, to have any hope of completing the challenge, I just realized I need to FINISH my 50,000 words before November 23rd, when the 1/2 day and vacation madness begins.

So wait, then I need to recalculate my daily totals. Where's the calculator button?

I need to write at least 2,272.72 words each day to reach my goal. Okay, 800 doesn't sound so impressive anymore.

I'd better get back to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?