Thursday, July 25, 2013

Blogger Book Fair: Chatting with.... Eliza Tilton



Blogger Book Fair lasts all week long! Have you clicked the link on the left of my page to visit the main website? There are hundreds of authors and bloggers participating, and there's even a listing of FREE and 99 cent books available just through this Blogfest! Pretty Cool, right? Don't forget to check it out. 

But first, I'm pleased to welcome author Eliza Tilton to my blog today! Hi, Eliza! Give a brief bio and tell us what kind of books you like to read and write.


I went to college for graphic design and wrote stories for fun. When I became pregnant with my son, I decided to get serious about writing and finish the novel I had been working on. I’ve always had a heart for adventure, which probably started with my obsession of Choose Your Own Adventure novels. My stories reflect that love. For my book release, I wrote a CYOA that takes place in Tarrtainya (the fantasy world of my book) and did a CYOA blog hop. It was a lot of work, but a ton of fun. You can check out the page on my website.


Cool! I've never really read any CYOA - can't wait to check it out! So...What's your favorite part of being an author?

The writing. A scene will pop into my head and I can envision what everything looks like. Being able to transfer those images into a story someone can read, blows my mind.


What's your approach to writing? Do you plot or go with the flow?

I’ll have a basic outline and the important scenes mapped out, but the rest, I create as I go. Also, I write in scenes, then put them together like a puzzle. It tends to get a bit disorganized, I really should try Scrivener, but it’s the best way for me to work. Jumping around helps those creative juices flow! I have a binder where I keep all my facts, notes, character bios and a world map.


If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?

Teleportation, because I’m lazy . . . Have you ever been out late, stuck in heels, and all you can think about is your nice, soft bed? Well, how awesome would it be if you could teleport straight into bed! My husband thinks it’s stupid, but I’m sticking with my decision.


Totally not stupid. (In fact, that's what I would choose, too!)

Tell us about your latest release!
           
BROKEN FOREST is a YA Fantasy, released in May 2013 by Curiosity Quills Press.



Hopeless he'll never be more than the boy who didn't save his brother, 17-year-old Avikar accepts his life as the family stable boy, trying to forget the past. But when his sister, Jeslyn, is kidnapped, the thought of losing another sibling catapults him on a desperate quest.

With his best friend by his side, and using the tracking skills he learned from his father, he discovers Jeslyn has been taken, kidnapped by one Lucino, the young lord of Daath, a mystical place thought only to exist in fables.

And Lucino has plans for Jeslyn.

His shape-shifting brethren feed off the auras of humans, and Jeslyn's golden hue is exactly what Lucino needs to increase his power. The longer it takes Avikar to reach her, the more entranced she becomes with Lucino's world, and the harder it will be for Avikar to set her free.

He failed his family once. He won't fail again.



Okay, you’re casting the movie version of your novel – who would you choose for the main characters? We’re talking dream cast.

The novel is told from three alternating perspectives: Avikar, Jeslyn and Lucino.

Avikar (Logan Lerman): I needed someone with a boyish charm, sweet on the eyes and who had a lean, athletic build, and who could hide his fears and doubts behind a smile.

Lucino (Ed Skrein): This bad boy was the hardest. I needed a villain who was charismatic, snarky with a big ego, while still being likable. Enter in season three of GOT. I saw Ed playing Daario Naharis and knew he was my perfect Lucino.

Jeslyn (Imogen Poots): Jeslyn is a classic beauty. I wanted a girl who could be innocent, vulnerable, and strong.  Her looks were specific because Lucino is picky when it comes to women. She was a tough cast.


Sounds like a great cast! Where can readers find your book and where can they find you online?

Eliza Tilton is the author of the YA Fantasy, BROKEN FOREST, published by Curiosity Quills Press. You can find her blogging about video games and writing on her blog and doing bi-weekly posts on author media over at YAStands.

She graduated from Dowling College with a BS in Visual Communications. When she’s not arguing with excel at her day job, or playing Dragon Age 2, again, she’s writing. Her stories hold a bit of the fantastical and there’s always a romance. She resides on Long Island with her husband, two kids and one very snuggly pit bull.









2 comments:

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?