Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Writing Wednesday: Chatting with author Chrys Fey #TWRP



My guest today is author Chrys Fey, who writes for The Wild Rose Press. She has a new book out, and I'm excited to have her visiting today!
 
Hi, Chrys! First tell us a little about yourself, and what kind of books you like to read and write.

I’ll start backwards...I like to write romantic-suspense because it’s the best of both worlds, but I don’t restrict myself to a single genre. I have a passion for the supernatural and have dabbled in science-fiction and even western.

I enjoy reading just about anything. Of course, I love romantic-suspense. I also enjoy paranormal-romance, fantasy, romance, and everything in-between.

And here is my bio:


Chrys Fey is a lover of rock music just like Dani Hart in 30 Seconds. Whenever she's writing at her desk, headphones are always emitting the sounds of her musical muses -especially that of her favorite band, Thirty Seconds to Mars, the inspiration behind the title. 30 Seconds is her second eBook with The Wild Rose Press. Her debut, Hurricane Crimes, is also available on Amazon.

What's your favorite part of being an author?

Obviously I love the writing part; creating characters and stretching my imagination, but I also enjoy getting to know readers and fellow writers.

What's your approach to writing? Do you plot or go with the flow?

I have to plot. If I didn’t, my books would be a jumbled mess. I create a detailed outline, including conversations, but I allow myself to veer off course if I get an idea while I’m writing, or if my characters tell me they want to do something else.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?

I would love to have the ability to blink myself from place to place. That way I’d be able to go to the places I’ve dreamed about; like Ireland and Venice, Italy. (Cool idea!)

Tell us about your new/latest release!


30 Seconds is a romantic-suspense novella. Here’s the blurb:

When Officer Blake Herro agreed to go undercover in the Mob, he thought he understood the risks. But he's made mistakes and now an innocent woman has become their target. He's determined to protect her at all costs. 
The Mob's death threat turns Dr. Dani Hart's life upside down, but there is one danger she doesn’t anticipate. As she's dodging bullets, she's falling in love with Blake. With danger all around them, will she and Blake survive and have a happy ending, or will the Mob make good on their threat?


Okay, you’re casting the movie version of your novel – who would you choose for the main characters? We’re talking dream cast!

Rachelle Lefevre, from Under the Dome, would make an excellent Dani Hart. As for Blake Herro, I originally pictured him as Paul Walker (RIP) and I haven’t been able to think of a suitable replacement.

Where can readers find your book and where can they find you online?

30 Seconds can be found on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, KOBO, and The Wild Rose Press.

And I can be found on Facebook and Goodreads. I also have a blog called Write with Fey.

Thanks so much for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I'm late for my post. I had a busy day. Thank you so much for having me on your blog, Katie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to have you, Chrys! Your book sounds intriguing!

      Delete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?