Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Writing Wednesday: Author Jenn Nixon and LUCKY'S PROMISE

Today I'm featuring author Jenn Nixon and her new novel, LUCKY'S PROMISE, the third book in her series about reluctant assassin Lucky Fascino. She's celebrating the book's release this week, and bringing some of her characters out on tour with her. Let me turn the blog over to Lucky and Kenji...
* * * * 



LUCKY FASCINO: My name is Lucky, or if you ask my boyfriend, Felicia. I kill people for a living. You may think I’m some cool, badass assassin who’s out there in the world, righting the wrongs, taking down the creeps and making the world a better place, but you’d be wrong. The people I get rid of deserved it, no lie, but unless you’re an actual sociopath—which I’m not—taking another life is never easy no matter how ugly the person may be.

I have only one reason for getting into this business, to find the man responsible for killing my mother and forcing my father into exile. My adoptive parents meant the world to me. It’s still hard for me to talk about them. Luciano, my dad, was my lifeline. Without him, I don’t know that I’d have survived this world. I learned that someone tried to kill him, killing my mother, Molly, instead, Luciano made it his mission to find the man and make him pay. Only problem? He died before he found him.

I took up his cause and promised to finish what he started. I spent the last several years looking, searching, and hunting the man who destroyed my family.

We know who he is and we’re getting closer to finding him. I only hope Kenji, Uncle Phen and my cousin Bet get off my back and give me the space I need to finish this once and for all. They don’t know the toll it’s taken. They can’t see the scars on the inside. Maybe, when it’s over, we can all do a little healing and be a real family again.

Lucky’s Playlist:
Evil Angel – Breaking Benjamin
All the Same – Sick Puppies
Face Down – The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Pain – Three Days Grace
No One – Cold
Almost Easy – Avenge Sevenfold
So Cold – Breaking Benjamin


KENJI ZINN:  The moment Felicia entered my life, I knew it would never be the same. Being a network contractor is a lonely existence, something we both shared. Now, we have each other. Each day we grow closer and I think I am finally breaking through to her, proving that I am an ally and on her side. She does not make it easy. The secrets she keeps close to her heart seem to have the most hold over her, but she never shares that pain with me. 

Although she hides it well from her uncle and cousin, I know how much she struggles with this lifestyle. I see it in her eyes before she leaves for a job and feel it radiate off her like toxic fumes when she returns. The work is destroying her and I refused to let it happen. 

Quimby is in within our reach. I will do whatever I must to protect those I love. That is my promise.

Kenji’s Playlist:
Superstition – Stevie Wonder
Dust in the Wind – Kansas
Magic Man – Heart
Got My Mind Set on You – George Harrison
No One – Alicia Keys 


About the Book:



After years of searching for her mother’s killer, Felicia “Lucky” Fascino is finally on the right track. With the help of her family, and on-again off-again boyfriend, Kenji Zinn, Lucky is getting closer to fulfilling the unspoken promise she made to her adoptive father.

As the group continues to dig deep into the assassin’s network, and search for the elusive Quimby, ties to the past come back full circle, endangering everyone Lucky loves and cares for. It’s only a matter of time before their secret is uncovered.


All Romance eBooks: http://bit.ly/LuckysPromiseARe
Amazon: http://bit.ly/LuckysPromise
iTunes: http://bit.ly/LuckysPromiseiTunes
Kobo: http://bit.ly/LuckysPromiseKobo
Wild Child: http://bit.ly/LuckysPromiseWCP


1 comment:

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?