Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Reading

I have to admit that the only things I read this week were the Girl Scout Junior Badge Book and the Sigh of Relief First Aid handbook (edited by Martin I. Green) with my Girl Scouts, to learn about Hypothermia and Frostbite. Proactively, mind you. We earned our "Frosty Fun" badge on our weekend camping trip.

But... since my TBR pile is getting dangerously high, the Puppy took it upon herself to help me out. She really seems to enjoy chewing on the Game of Thrones series. I guess I'll have to wait and watch in on HBO after all. My middle child has been stacking them on my pile as he finishes them - he's on the fourth book, Feast for Crows. Each is a good thousand pages.

Just added to my TBR pile (to make up for the lost books) will be the Percy Jackson series... yes, I'm probably the only YA enthusiast who hasn't read them yet. We watched the movie last night as a family, and now I really need to read more. Both sons kept saying, "The books are way better."

What are you reading?

3 comments:

  1. You'll have to let me know what you think of the PJ series. My son loved them, but I stopped after book 3.

    I bought two books yesterday. Right now, I'm in the middle of reading Matched by Ally Condie, which I really like. But I've slowed down. I'll never make it to 100 at this rate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LITTLE BEE is next on my list. I'll let you know what I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My copy of PERFECT STRANGERS just arrived on Friday from Amazon. I can't wait til the kids go back to school tomorrow to start it!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?