Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Reading


So I know that I usually wait until I've finished reading a book to talk about it... but lately my life has been so hectic that I'm lucky I have a "Reading Now" on my Nook. Forget about the fantasy of having actually finished a book in the last week...

But I digress. I wanted to talk about this latest book from Author Sky Purington: Heart of Vesuvius, just out in December from The Wild Rose Press. This vampire tale is a sequel to Darkest Memory (which I haven't read yet but might have to read next.)

The publisher's blurb reads:

Two vampires…one goal.

Alexandria has no choice. She must flee to the last place she wants to. Straight into the arms of a vampire she was determined to forget. Salvator, ancient vampire, finds this a clever fix to obtaining the one vampire he’s always desired…Alexandria.

Together, they must find a way to evade her powerful enemy, Salvator’s brother Luciano. On the run, they struggle to understand one another. Deep, dark secrets are revealed. Denied passion ignites. Blood is spilled.

Within the heart of Vesuvius, anything is possible. All can be conquered. But will it be? Can wrongs be made right? History is the locked door. Forgiveness is the key. Time will tell if ancient love can once again flourish.


Passion, intrigue, and vampires. What more can you ask for to heat up a cold January night? I'm so excited by the story that I've invited the author, Sky Purington, to join my on my blog in February to kick off what I hope will be a regular series of author interviews and blog posts. When we work out the details, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

In the meantime, what are you reading on this cold, cold Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?