Saturday, April 23, 2011
Happy Easter to All! And I awake to find that although the Easter Bunny didn't leave me a prize, (but I'm sure the kids will share, right?) I did get a nice surprise - I received this Stylish Blogger award! Yea!
Big Thanks to Julie, aka Lady Dragonfly, at The World of Julie B
In order to officially accept this award, I have to play by the rules and tell you 7 things about myself and I have to give this awesome award to 5 other worthy bloggers. So...here goes.
Seven things about me that you may or may not know:
1. I once tended bar at Boston's famed Durgin Park, where they used to encourage the staff to be "rude" to the customers. (I haven't been back in a while, and don't know if that's still the case!)
2. Even though I always blog about my Puppy, I have 3 dogs, the oldest of which is turning 16 in a few weeks. I saw her in a box of puppies at the Post Office while I was pregnant with my first child - how could I resist?
3. I LOVE watching movies - some of my favorites are Groundhog Day, Housesitter, and The Princess Bride, and I've seen each of those at least a dozen times.
4. I wrote a book report on the long version of Little Women in 5th grade and the teacher gave me an A just for reading such a long book (and my report was 3x longer than anyone else's.)
5. I spent 2 years as a media buyer for an advertising agency, and became obsessed with getting free stuff in the mail. It's taken me years to get over checking the mail obsessively for freebies and party invites! Now it's mostly bills...
6. I recently spring cleaned my car, and vacuumed enough dog hair out to make another small animal. Like a Shetland Pony.
7. I adore M&Ms but none of my kids like them. Defensive move on their part? Not sure.
Now, on to my choices for Stylish Blogger Award. Just right click on the award and save picture as. My five picks are...
1. Bluestocking Mum
2. Life of Riles
3. Emily White
4. Nic's Novel Project
5. Read. Write. Repeat.
These five are well deserved (and haven't already received this award!) Just remember to follow the fun rules. Tell us 7 things about yourself and make sure you give this award to five worthy bloggers. Thank you all!
And Have a Happy Easter!