Thursday, April 21, 2011

R is for... Rest


R is for... Rest

My kids are all out of school this week for their spring break. They came home with Report cards in hand last Friday, and don't have to Return until after Easter. My oldest still has a lot of sports on his schedule, so we decided to hang out close to home.

Somehow I thought we'd get to Rest. Not.

Spring break = spring cleaning? Not so much.

And yard work? Well, it's Rained a bunch so I can't feel too badly. I have walked the dogs on the big outer beach down in Eastham a few times while we wait for track practice to be finished. They were very appreciative, and tired afterward. (Puppy got her Rest, as you can see in the picture!) I also took each boy shopping for much needed spring clothes as they are both still growing like weeds. Oh, and Removed the inch-thick layer of dog hair coating the floor of my car!

Now I'm off to pick up the de-thatcher I reserved at the Rental center, to try and whip my lawn into shape. Hoping the kids will pitch in to enjoy today's sunshine.

But Rest? I'm not sure that's what spring break is all about.

What about you? When the kids are home from school do you kick back or put them to work?



3 comments:

  1. Rail in the Rabble (kids) and run them ragged (with housework) while I Read Romances and wRite - right to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the dog, that's the kind of rest I want but haven't had much luck getting it lately. Have a great weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, here it is the end of the day and I did run the rabble ragged - and finished the lawn... and now have wine in hand as I finally Rest and catch up with blogger buddies ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?