Wednesday, April 27, 2011

W is for... Waves on the Water


W is for... Waves on the Water

I grew up spending summers on the Jersey Shore, and thought all ocean Waves Were pretty much the same. An ocean beach has Waves.

When We Went to Hilton Head for the first time, I realized that Wasn't always the case - not all ocean Waves are created equally, not even in the Atlantic. Then I Went to California and saw Pacific Waves - Wow. And then We visited Hawaii - and Wow! They have WAVES.

Here on the Cape, We have our share of ocean Waves, some beaches more than others. Along the National Seashore, the surfers can tell you Which beaches have the Right Waves.

In my neighborhood, my dogs think our Waves are just right.





And still, nothing beats the sunset over the open ocean.

What about you? Do you surf? Do you like Waves on your Water... or do you prefer a calm blue pool or lake? We Want to Know.

6 comments:

  1. Love the pics (and your dogs!). I bet my dogs would love those waves as well. For me, the waves in the bathtub are enough for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love waves! My happiest times are knee deep in the Atlantic with the waves lopping around me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can keep the waves if I'm in / on the water - they are great if watching from a distance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures. I love ocean waves. I grew up on Lake Michigan, but those waves are way too tame for my taste. Not a surfer, but would love to be if I lived on the water and not in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live near the sea and couldn't live anywhere else now - I'm addicted to it. Your dogs are beautiful and they know what they like! Clever dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll admit you had me at dog whisperer...but when you said Hilton Head, as a fellow S Carolianer, I was hooked.

    Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?