Monday, November 16, 2020

Monday Book Review: Wrapped Up in You by Claire Marti

 

About the Book:

When cocky financial genius Rafael Cruz is forced to partner with his snarky office rival Phoebe Hollingsworth to land a prestigious new client, nothing goes as planned.

At work, they ignore each other, but at the Jingle Ball, their unexpected chemistry changes the game.

Will their secret holiday hook-up ruin the deal or is it the start of a deeper connection?

 

My TAKE:

Claire Marti writes with humor and heart, with believable characters and fun twists to her plot lines. I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this full-length story, part of her Pacific Vista Ranch series that I've read and reviewed. With every story, I find myself drawn further into the California coastal worlds she creates, wishing I could live there.

The first three books of the series focus on the three sisters whose family owns the Pacific Vista Ranch. This story features the brother of one of the previous heroes, who we met in Marti's wonderful second chance romance The Very Thought of You. At the time, I'd hoped for hunky older brother Rafe Cruz to get a book of his own - and here it is. (insert happy dance!)

Rafe and Phoebe are coworkers at the same financial firm, both Harvard-educated and at the top of their game. Each thinks they’ll be the one to take over the firm when the CEO retires. And they hate each other. I have to admit, enemies to lovers has never been one of my favorite romance tropes because the antagonism often feels forced or ginned up, but I totally found myself believing these characters and situations and loved every minute of it.

When Rafe and Phoebe are sent to represent the company together to woo new clients at the annual Jingle Ball fundraiser, their boss makes a clear statement. Get along or else. The pair are both professionals and grit their teeth, agreeing to work together for one night. Over wine before and during the event, they actually get to know each other and misconceptions each held are torn down. Sparks fly as things between them heat.... and keep heating. I don't want to give any of the good parts away, but rest assured Marti adds plenty of steam and spice to heat up this holiday tale.

Thoroughly enjoyed this read, and totally recommend. It works as a standalone read, but my enjoyment was totally enhanced by the fact that I'd previously met the secondary characters in the first three stories. Love this whole series and totally recommend! 5 well-Deserved Stars!

 Grab a copy on AMAZON

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?