Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A to Z Blogfest: The Letter D

The Letter D

For almost the last month, D has stood for Dog Party in my house. We've been Dog-sitting for friends who went on a 3-week trip to South Africa to attend a wedding - really, South Africa - and today is the very last Day.

The first Day was rough after the Drop-off, and the visiting Dogs Didn't sleep a wink. But they've calmed Down and actually been a Delight. The four Dogs have been having one long Dog Party all month, Day and night. But at least they've been sleeping, too. Sometimes During the Day.

All the Dogs have gotten along well, played nicely, and somehow I've even been able to have all 4 on the leash at the same time to go Down the road to the beach.... okay, it's easier if my husband or son comes along and takes 2, but I can Do it. And they've been happy, which is most important.

I think my Dogs will miss their friends tonight (and tomorrow, and the next Day...) but my Daughter will miss her pillow mate most.

I'm telling my Dogs, "Don't worry. Dog Party at their house real soon. Definitely!"

9 comments:

  1. ahhh they are so cute! (the pug reminds me of my own)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being able to walk four dogs at once! I've only done two so far. Also, they are sooooo cute! I hope the drop off goes well and your two dogs aren't sad without their pals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv your D dog story. Looks like these guys behaved pretty well while their parents were gone.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Too cute! And what a nice person you are taking care of all those
    Dogs. Thanks for the post. Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Four dogs! That last picture is lovely (the look on the dog's face says everything). I'm not sure which are your dogs but the big brown and white one - I know someone who looks like him :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures of the dogs! Very nice.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very happy dog days at your place! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge blogs in April.

    ReplyDelete
  8. With five at my house, it's a dog party every day. Sweet puppies, love that St. Bernard's face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you are an awesome friend! It's tough to find sitters when you have a big dog, but it's also a lot of work! You're a rockstar to take care of all them!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?