Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Countdown to the Holidays: Snow Day! Really?

I want to be a weatherman. No, really. Here's a few early photos of our "light dusting" here on Cape Cod. I'll take more later, promise.

School wasn't cancelled or delayed yesterday, because the weatherman said it would only be flurries. Like last week. He was wrong. They were all wrong.

The roads were absolutely terrible at 6:15 as I drove my eldest to his bus stop 2 towns over (the regional high school is half an hour away.) They hadn't improved much as I drove my middle son to his school at 7:00 am.... and then they got bad.
Poolside cocktails, anyone?
Puppy is LOVING the snow. One of the first things she did yesterday was put her face right in it and rub her snout back and forth through the white stuff. She played outside with the kids after school and kept begging to go back outside, long after all the snow pants were in the dryer.

Puppy will have another chance for romping today. Cape Cod is blanketed by a foot of snow and expecting more. The "light dusting" has ended up a blizzard. With a nor'easter promised for Christmas Day. (That one'll probably be the dusting!)

Like I said, I want to be a weatherman. They get paid no matter what they say.

4 comments:

  1. We're hearing of a "White Christmas" here, but the "computer models" still are not agreeing on where/when/how much. At least our snow shovel is by the back door instead of buried in the shed someplace. That ought to keep our snow at the flurry level since I'm prepared! Merry Christmas to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! so much snow!!! I love the outdoor setting for poolside cocktails. So inviting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I walked outside and it was 80 degrees outside then I look at your photo and shiver at the thought of all the cold.

    The first day of winter looks more like yours than mine did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is a lot of snow. I live in Chicago and we only got a few inches.

    Have fun with puppy in the snow.

    Happy holidays to you and your family.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?