Thursday, December 9, 2010

First Amazon Review for PERFECT STRANGERS


I just found my first review for PERFECT STRANGERS on Amazon.com - - 5 Stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Strangers is a Great Romantic Thriller, December 6, 2010
Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: Perfect Strangers (Paperback)
Katie O'Sullivan does a great job developing characters, settings and story lines that you can relate to in the workplace and in your personal life. She perfectly creates the "normal" main character who is a pleasant young woman trying to succeed in the professional world as well as in her love life, the pretty friends, the best friends, the cheaters, players, drunks, eccentrics and of course the gorgeous hunk : ) And what do you get when you mix all of these characters together in "off-season" Cape Cod? Plenty of gossip, fun, romance and a fast paced novel with twists and turns that keeps you on the edge of your seat. I won't say anymore so as not to spoil the plot. I recommend this book to all those who read this review and look forward to Katie's next novel.

Wow! I'm having one of those "I'm not worthy" moments. And while I was looking at myself on Amazon.com, I came across another 5 Star Review for my first book - UNFOLDING THE SHADOWS !

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read!, November 17, 2010
Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: Unfolding the Shadows (Kindle Edition)
I read this book while on a cruise, and it was a so nice to get lost in the interesting characters and exciting plot. There was a great mix of very realistic relationships between the characters, and the more fanciful paranormal aspects of the book. Great first novel by Katie O'Sullivan, and I'm really looking forward to her sequels and new
books/series!

Do you read reviews? Seek them out? If you're a writer, do you worry about getting good or bad reviews? If you're a reader, do you listen to reviews to make purchasing decisions? How much do reviews matter to you?

To me, finding a good review is validating - finding a great review is humbling. What nice Christmas presents to find, even if they're not under the tree.

2 comments:

  1. Ahem, "they're" not "their".... :)

    Glad to read such great reviews! Looking forward to future books from you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS! Fixing that now - thanks, Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?