Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Images from Cancun


Our family vacation this winter was a trip to Mexico, to a resort in the Hotel Zone of Cancun. Right along the ocean. The perfect antidote to a winter that lasted too long. This was the view from our room that greeted me each time I stepped onto the balcony...

We spent several days by the pool, drinking frozen drinks and hanging out in our private little cabana... as well as collecting shells on the beach, jumping waves in the ocean, and making sand sculptures.
We also spent one day out on the open ocean fishing for Big Fish. My husband and kids managed to catch some great fish. I managed to keep all my sea-sickness over the side of the boat. (hey, it was really rough out there!) That night (when my stomach felt better), we found a great "locals only" restaurant with a sunset view of the lagoon to cook up the boys' Big Fish. Yum-O.




We took a few side trips... by jet ski to go snorkeling over a reef, by taxi to visit a tequila museum, by bus to spend the day at a National Park... lots of unique experiences. Lots of great memories.

I'd like to say I'm glad to be home, but really.... I could have used another week in paradise. Now I hear you asking, Is Cancun really "Paradise"????

Let's see... for a whole week I did no cooking, no cleaning, no laundry, no grocery shopping, no shuttling the kids to activities or lessons... I didn't make any beds, break up any sibling fights or argue about whose turn it was to set the table or empty the dishwasher... AND I DIDN'T TOUCH A COMPUTER FOR 7 DAYS....

yeah, Paradise. I want to go again.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! Your pictures are gorgeous. I'm looking forward to Summer even more now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Sounds like paradise to me too!

    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I am so jealous. Your pictures are gorgeous, and a week without any house work sounds like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?