Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Review of Perfect Strangers from LASR!



I'm just getting home from a week-long Mexican vacation with the family (and I have plenty of wonderful pictures to post in the near future...) and found this fabulous review awaiting my return! I even had an email saying I'd been in the running for Book of the Week over at LASR, which is a thrill even though I didn't know about it or have a chance to tell anyone to go vote!

The reviewer gave me a "5 Book" rating, which is the highest they go (except for the Book of the Week honor) They explain a "5 Book" novel as : "5 Books — Great! You would definitely buy this book. You would definitely recommend it to your friends. You really loved the characters and the plot and would consider looking for this authors back list or making her an autobuy. The writing and editing were superb."


... and she also said some wonderful things about my story. The review is posted below, or you can check it out at LASR by clicking here.

Now I need to go update my website... and do some more laundry. That may be the biggest downside of vacation time - the re-entry into normal life includes so-o-o-o much laundry.

But it's worth it.


LASR REVIEW OF PERFECT STRANGERS :

Jane Peterson doesn't seem to have good luck on Mondays. And on this particular Monday, it appeared as if that run of bad luck would continue. Keefe Walker had the same frame of mind about Mondays. Who knew that the events of this particular day would lead to an eventual meeting for the two strangers?

I connected with Jane immediately. In the beginning, Jane was an awkward, cautious person. She didn't seem to have a whole lot of confidence. Her fresh start in Cape Cod changed that. As I read on, I watched Jane grow as a character because of the situations Jane is put in, from the persistent man who won't leave her alone, to the media and police questioning her move when someone is murdered.

Keefe is also another cautious character. I sensed that he had issues with reporters, and the fact that Jane is one made him very wary. A few things drove me crazy about Keefe, but overall I liked him. At one point I thought he was acting like a jealous, insecure teenager. But his caring for Jane and learning to trust her helped him become a better man.

Ms. O'Sullivan creates a wonderful feel for the small town life. Despite the trouble that arises, I found myself longing for the kind of small town life that Keefe lived in, and wanted Jane to become a part of. The supporting characters were wonderful and heartwarming. Some had their quirks and mysteriousness, but most were open and friendly.

This book is a wonderful mix of contemporary, mystery and suspense. I found myself turning the pages eagerly, looking at every character and wondering how they fit into the mysterious puzzle. The plot had plenty of twists and turns to throw the reader off, and wrapped up very nicely.

If you enjoy a contemporary suspense in a small town setting, filled with characters that are bound to steal your heart and make you smile, then don't be a stranger. Pick up this great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?