Thursday, November 12, 2009

NaNoWriMo Update...


NaNoWriMo word count: 22,331

I've finally surpassed the number I entered accidentally by using the word-counting bot last week. Yeah!


Life is all about timing, as one of my characters in Unfolding the Shadows likes to say.

Being a mom, a writer, and a magazine editor is hard to do all at the same time. My life seems to be about more than mere "timing" at the moment, though. It's all about the scheduling, and how to fit all the pieces of my life together like a happy jigsaw puzzle, and still get a recognizable picture without anyone ending up in tears. Not my kids, not my co-workers, and not me.

I'm sorry to say that I've let my frustrations get in the way of my relationships lately, and need to work on this piece of the puzzle a little more. Just getting something done isn't enough if people are still unhappy. Not unhappy with the result, per se, but unhappy with life.

Meeting deadlines shouldn't be our goal in life. They are guidelines to live by and offer structure as we travel down the road, but they shouldn't be the goals. Having happy, healthy kids, and having friends who support you are more important things to strive for.

If I make it to my NaNo goal, great. But not if I have to miss my daughter's Scout sleepover to do it. And I know the magazine will go online when its ready. I need to let go of some of my control issues, and trust that eeryone will play their own parts in the musical of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?