Thank you to Susan Oloier at Memoirs of a Writer for passing along the "Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award!" It's not one I've ever seen before, but boy is is cute!
And thanks again to CR Ward from Random Writings for the Versatile Blogger Award!
Now, since the rules are virtually the same - okay, they are the same - I thought I could do this as one post (I've seen precedent for this recently!) and get on with distributing the awards and all as I'm having a hectic first week of May even without the A to Z Challenge!
The rules/guidelines for accepting the awards, as I understand them, go like this:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Award 10-15 recently discovered great bloggers. (The Irresistibly Sweet Award says 15)
4. Contact and tell these bloggers about the award.
So here goes. I've done Number One for both. Now... Seven things about myself.....hmmm....I just did this recently for another award, so let me think of 7 new things:
1. The vet told me this week that my Puppy is fat. My Puppy! I've been stewing on this and just can't let it go. I may have to devote a whole post about this... and put her on a diet...
2. When I first started writing seriously, I truly thought it would be easy to get published. (Ha!)
3. I'm the only one in my neighborhood who mows her own lawn.
4. I love camping with my Girl Scout troop each spring. It makes me feel like a kid again!
5. I make my kids take sailing lessons every summer because we live near the water (and because my parents made me when I was a kid) but I don't enjoy sailing in small boats.
6. I'd rather email than talk on the telephone.
7. I played the flute in the middle school band, took piano lessons for years, and sang in school and church chorus up through high school and for one year in college. I do none of these things now.
Okay, on to the fun part. Handing out awards. Below is a list of bloggers I've met because of A to Z, who helped me get through the month with my sanity (mostly) intact. Choose which award you want to take, or take both if you like! (They are both Pretty cool. Just like all you bloggy friends are cool.) Check out their blogs and show them some love - they all write inspiring, insightful posts!
Thank you all for your support and friendship - and I hope this camaraderie continues well beyond April's alphabet challenge!
Jennifer Shirk @ Me My Muse and I
Martha (MM) at Menagerie (which is taking a blogging break but deserves an award no less)
Julie at What Else is Possible?
Deirdra at A Storybook World
Susan Roebuck at Lauracae
Mooderino at Moody Writing
Rebecca Dupree Fiction
Melissa Cunningham at A Writer's Reality
Author Elizabeth Mueller
Ugh, I'm out of blogging time again. I will finish these links later on, I promise, but need to get this posted because it's already taken me two days to write. Argh! I need more hours in my weekdays... well, more on the weekends would be nice to ;-)