Saturday, April 16, 2011

N is for... NonCompliant


N is for... NonCompliant

My 13-year-old son is in a rock band, and has been for several years. He's the oldest one in the band... The Name of the band is NonCompliant, and they perform several gigs per year, in various locales on Cape Cod. Their Next concert will be in June at the Heritage Gardens and Museum in Sandwich, and then again in August at the annual Barnstable Kids Day in Hyannis.

They perform mostly classic rock standards, along with some more current rock tunes or updated classics. My son plays the electric guitar, and is pretty amazing for a kid, if I do say so myself. Here's a You Tube clip of the band performing at a Costume Dance at a local Middle School, playing a Ramones song...




...And here's a cover of Paranoid by Black Sabbath, with my son playing lead guitar...





Do your kids play musical instruments? If your child was/is in a rock band, what would you want the band to play at concerts?

PS- If you have time, check out the absolutely GORGEOUS N-is-for-nature photos by Canyon Girl at her Desert Canyon Living blog - http://desertcanyonliving.blogspot.com/2011/04/n-is-for-nature.html... BREATHTAKING.

7 comments:

  1. Your son is great - but how old is the kid playing bass? The instrument is bigger than he is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kids, but I play the guitar! (Minored in music in college.) That is really awesome your son plays so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You also have T - Talented.
    Gems x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your son is great! I don't have any kids, but if I did, I would wish a passion for them that would keep them out of trouble in their teenage years. Thank you so much for mentioning my Nature post here. I feel really honored.--Inger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive! Amazing that they're so young but sound so tight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, they are really good! I'm very impressed, what an undertaking for a group of young kids. My nephew is learning to play guitar, we're hoping to get him lessons in the summer because he loves music and I think it would be a great thing for him to pursue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the nice comments - I think being in a band helps the kids feel more responsible for practicing. Suddenly its not just mom and dad saying "practice" ... it's their peers saying, you're gonna let down the band if you don't practice. Great incentive ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?