Monday, August 24, 2009

Down on the Farm

Cape Cod Weather Today: I don't know. We're in Vermont this week. The weather here, however, is rainy today with scattered thunderstorms.

This picture is from a few summers ago, when the kids and I came up to work on my sister's farm. (Since I forgot to bring the cord to download the photos from my camera, there won't be any new pictures to share until I get back to the Cape.)

In addition to hanging out and picking beans in the field, we took the kids horseback riding this summer. They all loved it, and are talking about wanting to take lessons when we get home. We'll see. I'm not sure I can fit many more lessons into the taxi schedule...

This summer, we're here with my parents, my Aunt Kate from Virginia, and my other sister as well. My parents rented a big house where we're all staying. My oldest is psyched because the kids' room is downstairs, next to the game room with a big pool table. My daughter is in heaven because she gets to sleep in the top bunk.

Simple pleasures of vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?